Python Developer- Web Team
Akuna Capital’s office in Cambridge, Massachusetts is seeking a talented Python web developer. Our small office was established at the end of 2014 to focus on data analysis and trading strategy development. You will work closely with quants and traders in the Cambridge office, as well as the web development team in Chicago, to build tools for data visualization and analysis. You should be self-motivated and comfortable working in a remote office.
Our web applications are built using Tornado, the asynchronous web framework for Python. We take full advantage of Tornado coroutines to create elegant designs that scale efficiently. We use websockets to create live-updating displays to ensure that traders have access to information in real-time. We also work with other teams to design infrastructure and tools that help monitor the health of our systems.
At Akuna Capital, your participation means creating the tools which developers, traders, and support personnel will be using every day to compete on the market.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Designing and building REST or server push APIs
- Ability to write concise and elegant code
- Comfortable with Linux and source control (git)
- Strong communication skills
- Provide support during releases and production incidents
Qualities that Make Great Candidates:
- 2+ years of professional Python experience
- Previous experience with asynchronous frameworks
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with the trading industry a plus
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
Location: Cambridge, MA