Quantitative Development Intern- Automation, Summer 2017
We are looking for a Quantitative Development Interns to work with a strong team of Quant Developers and Quant Traders on part of our automated options market making desk. The successful candidate will bring enthusiasm for problem solving, financial mathematics, and will assist our team in maintaining existing quantitative infrastructure and the development of new data analysis, visualization and modeling tools. Long term plans for our team include strategy development and trading, so a candidate with interests in the financial markets and a quantitative background is preferred.
What you’ll do at a Quant Developer Internship at Akuna:
- Maintain existing python tools and trading automation apps.
- Design and write new applications to prototype new ideas and techniques
- Work closely with traders/ quants on developing visualization tools for trading strategies
- Write data analysis code to verify and test new and existing models
- A strong interest in finance and learning to develop trading strategies is a plus
- Provide python mentoring to team members and traders
- Improve existing calculation models
What would make you a top-notch candidate?
- Ph.D. in technical field – Math, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Strong quantitative background preferably using Numpy, Pandas, Multiprocessing, Bokeh, Numba and Anaconda
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to independently come up with practical solutions
- 1+ years of experience in developing applications in Python or C++
- Graduation date of August 2020 or prior
- Experience working in Linux
**Don't have a PhD? We are hiring for all levels of interns on our Quantitative Data Analysis team. Click here to apply!
Location: Chicago, IL