We are looking for a Full Stack Web Developer who has strong web and application design skills to help our existing web development team bring our applications to the next level. You will build real-time data visualization and parameter configuration tools to directly aid traders in assessing risk and strategy. At Akuna Capital, your participation means creating the tools which developers, traders and support personnel will be using every day to compete on the market.
Our web application backbends are based on Tornado, the asynchronous web framework for Python. We take full advantage of Tornado's routine feature to create elegant asynchronous servers that scale efficiently. We utilize web sockets to create live-updating displays to ensure traders have access to the most up-to-date information as quickly as possible. We power our front-ends with React to focus our development on making the best possible representations of our data. In addition to supporting traders, we also create monitoring applications for server support and development teams to help them better understand current resource utilization and notify them when services need attention.
- 1-3 years of professional Python experience
- Designing & writing REST or server push APIs
- Experience with front-end User Experience (UX) and Design
- Comfortable with Linux and source control (git)
- Strong communication skills and works well in teams
- Provide support during releases and production incidents
- Good English communication skill
Qualities that Make Great Candidates:
- Experience with React JS
- Previous experience with asynchronous frameworks (especially croutons)
- Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Familiar with Agile methodologies