Quantitative Developer- Data Analysis Team
Cambridge, MA or Chicago, IL
We are looking for Quantitative Developers to join our world class Data team in our Chicago office to solve complex problems only found in the financial markets. Being a Quantitative Developer with the Data team at Akuna Capital is a high impact position helping drive our data driven organization forward. As a Quantitative Developer you can expect to work on multiple projects impacting nearly every aspect of our firm. As we look to grow our team, we look forward to tackling the toughest problems in trading strategy development, machine learning and data infrastructure.
We look for exceptionally talented individuals who are as passionate as we are to use data to answer complex questions. We recruit and reward highly creative individuals that are able to thrive in our fast-paced and exciting environment.
What you’ll do as a Quantitative Developer at Akuna:
- Identify and define algorithm improvements to our trading strategies
- Create models to capture complex behavior of the financial markets
- Develop core data infrastructure used daily by stakeholders throughout the firm
- Implement frameworks for developing, validating and testing trading strategies
- Architect, implement and improve tools that build and interact with our diverse data sets
- Develop tools for monitoring and validating our trading system performance
- Drive technical innovation within the team through the evaluation of new tools and technologies
- Lead and mentor fellow Quantitative Developers
What would make you a top-notch candidate?
- BS/MS/PhD in technical field – Physics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Highly motivated and willing to take ownership of high impact projects upon arrival
- Passionate, pragmatic problem solver with the ability to both independently and collaboratively pursue solutions to complex problems
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics in a clear and concise way
- Demonstrated experience developing software using Python on Linux. Experience with the common Python data libraries (Pandas, numpy, dask, distributed, etc.) is a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse data sets across multiple domains
- Demonstrated experience using software engineering best practices to deliver complex software projects
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and help push our firm forward
- Open to junior, mid-, or senior level candidates
Location: Cambridge, MA or Chicago, IL