We are seeking Junior Traders to join our dynamic team at Akuna Capital. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual with a desire to make an immediate impact at a growing firm. Akuna gives new traders the opportunity to learn from the most successful members of our Trading team and apply their knowledge quickly.
What you’ll do as a Junior Trader:
Junior Traders are bright, math-savvy, competitive, ambitious, and have a strong desire to learn how to make markets in a rapidly growing trading firm. We’ll teach you how to leverage our proprietary technology while implementing a variety of trading strategies and ideas so you can get on the trading screens and make an impact on the bottom line of the firm. If you are looking for an opportunity to start your career at an exciting firm, Akuna could be the right place for you!
What would make you a top-notch candidate?
- Pursuing a BS/MS/ PhD in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science or a related/equivalent field
- Strong math aptitude, numerical and quantitative analysis skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter ready to work in a fast paced, competitive, team environment
- Desire to understand and learn about financial markets and economic theories
- Programming experience preferred
- Passionate about problem-solving and finding creative solutions in an ever changing market
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently while fostering external professional relationships
- Detail oriented
- Major GPA of 3.0 or above
- Available to start February or August 2017
Location: Chicago, IL