Junior Quantitative Trader
We are seeking Junior Quantitative Traders to join our dynamic team at Akuna Capital. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual with a desire to make an immediate impact at a growing firm. Junior Quantitative Traders work with our strong team of Quant Developers and Quant Traders on part of our automated options trading desk. The successful candidate will bring enthusiasm for problem solving, financial mathematics, and will bring strong initiatives in generating trading ideas in developing and testing strategies.
What you’ll do as a Junior Quantitative Trader:
- Write and optimize data analysis code and calculation intensive models
- Develop quantitate models, back-test and implement trading strategies in Python (C++ is a plus)
- A strong interest in finance and learning to develop trading strategies is a plus
- Provide Python mentoring to team members and traders
- Strong math aptitude, numerical and quantitative analysis skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter ready to work in a fast paced, competitive, team environment
- Passionate about problem-solving and finding creative solutions in an ever changing market
What would make you a top-notch candidate?
- Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. in technical field – Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science or a related/equivalent field
- Python programming experience required
- Understanding of option theory
- Demonstrated experience with research or data analysis projects, either a personal or school project
Location: Chicago Office