System Support Engineer
We are looking for a System Support Engineer to be responsible for the overall Linux server platform health at Akuna. You will also automate daily software and hardware tasks while writing and maintaining scripts and tools. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, and able to take ownership of projects and problems with minimal supervision. You will have training in Chicago office.
- Investigate new products and techniques to improve efficiency and performance in the environment
- Responsible for architecture and maintenance of a tier-based storage solution
- Responsible for management and maintenance of trading system messaging middleware
- Management of Akuna’s server infrastructure at third party and local data centers
- Additional day-to-day responsibilities include system analysis, monitoring, and performance tuning, as well as developer workstation support
- Familiar with local Chinese setups
- Experience in server/ Linux administration
- Have a background in automation using some of the tools mentioned below
- Experience with python and strong troubleshooting background of 3rd party software and hardware.
- Good Chinese and English communication skill.
Security experience, General, and China-specific
- Firewall rules and regulations
- Linux authentication.
- User Privilege management. (do, AD access rights, service accounts)
- File system security concepts.
- Linux side, kernel parameters for throughput tuning.
- The concept of VLAN's and ability to configure workstation/server ports at a local office.
- Strong in the TCP/UDP stack to aid local hardware team.
- Knowledge to troubleshoot multicast issues.
- Experience using TCP dump or Wireshark to aid in troubleshooting.
Ansible, puppet, Cobbler, Kickstart, Docker, or similar automation tools. (does not have to be all, but a minimum of 2-3 options)
- Experience in working with Intel architecture.
- IPMI, ILO, IDrac and other out of band management systems experience.
- Ability to setup monitoring without affecting performance
Icinga, Nagios experience a must, other monitoring tools a plus.
Storage knowledge: ISCSI, NFS, DFS etc
Location: Shanghai Office